Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall is Here!

It seems like it was just summer yesterday!  It was, wasn't it?  I do love the FALL, I love the briskness of the cool evening air!   I love a wiener roast, apple cider, Pumpkins and yes that includes Pumpkin Pie!  Of course my favorite is the colors of the leaves as they turn!  I actually love something about each of the seasons!  I always think of God as the Great Artist, Wonderful Creator of all the beauty around us in each of the seasons.  BUT the FALL is my favorite of all!  Don't get me wrong, I love how in the Spring everything comes back to life, and how in the Summer the flowers are so beautiful, and then of course the FALL, and you know what follows FALL?  Winter and I love a good snow storm!  Call me crazy I can handle it!  Maybe part of the reason I love the FALL is Gary and I were married in October!  So each FALL we had something to celebrate!  I still love the FALL and the wonderful memories I have!

I stayed home today, I cleaned the downstairs pretty good, got out my fall decorations, spruced things up a bit.  I have been gone so much, I have been trying to get caught up on the laundry today!  I was gone last week to play "Super Nana" to three of my grandchildren while their parents were gone!  I so enjoyed my time with them!!  Nope, don't even have a picture of that to post!  I was toooooo busy!  One of the things I like to do for my kids is if I am at their house for whatever reason, I like to give them a hand at doing something! Whether it be just doing the dishes, or doing some laundry...  it is just something I like to do.  Who wouldn't like to come home to everything done up!  (I sure do!)   

Mark and I started a project a few weeks back!  We (I) found the plans on Knock off Woods for a Kitchen Island,  now mind you I didn't exactly have a large space in which to put one so we cut the pattern down the dimension are 36 inches long X 18 inches wide and counter top height and the two of us got busy and made it!  I just now got around to taking some pictures of the finished product!  I also took some pictures of my fall decorations I put out today!  So If you are bored with pictures sorry!  

I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful FALL weather too!

Nancy










Yes, I need to put a candle in this!


3 comments:

  1. Your house is so pretty. I LOVE your kitchen and fireplace mantle - makes me wish I had a fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! The fireplace is original to this 110 year old house (except for the gas insert)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, your house looks like it has a fun layout with lots of nooks and ledges to decorate. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are treasured!